P.O. Box 149
Clifton Springs, NY 14432
E-Mail--VFW Post 44 @ yahoo.com
WEB Site—www.VFW Post 44.homestead.com
DATE: Feb.13, 2013
TIME: 7:00 PM
LOCATION: Ashton Place
Fran Day Commander Leigh Smith
Dave Hayes Jim Sanford
Bill Cobbett Mark Watts
Ed Wertz Frank Altiner
Bill Schwartz Don Thorn
QM Report: Accepted as submitted
Minutes: Accepted as Submitted
Sick Call: None
New Members: None
1) Thank You note from Honor Flight in name of Richard Ertyl.
2) Notification of VFW spring conference in Sarasota Springs Post 420 Mar. 15-17.
3) Request for a donation Mercy Flight.
Service Officers Report
1) VA has available a home care alert device for Veterans that are alone in their homes and desire an emergency alert device. Frank has detail.
2) VA has made available a list of sugar free over the counter meds
3) Clifton hospital and the VA offer proper disposal of old medication programs
4) The Mountain Rise united Church of Christ has donated gifts to the foster block residents again this past holiday season.
1) Sauerkraut festival information concerning booth availability was unavailable at time of meeting.
2) Fran informed the Post of the points of interest from the county meeting. There was some discussion over the issues with the last 200 club raffle. Our post has been paid in full for our money due from the last raffle.
3) District meeting will be held on 10 Mar.
1) Proposed and approved a certificate of appreciation be sent to the Mountain Rise United Church of Christ for their support of the foster block residents and the Veterans living in Clifton Springs.
2 Mountain drive
Fairport, NY 14450
2) Post 44 approved the purchase of 1 200 club ticket from VFW County Counsel at $100.00
3) Officer nominations are due at the March meeting. The current officers are
1. Commander Fran day
2. Senior Vice Jim Boyce
3. Junior Vice Bill Schwartz
4. QM Lee Houser
5. Service Officer Frank Altiner
6. Surgeon Ron Carpenter
7. Chaplain Ed Wertz
8. Jag Dave Hayes
9. 1 YR trustee Mark Watts
Nominations can be sent to Mark Watts to be compiled at the March meeting.
1) Poppies…We had some discussion concerning the Memorial Day poppy program and how we can support the several locations that have given us the OK to distribute poppies at their site. More needs to be done to help in this area.
2) Monument… Mark will contact Kevin Henderson to get the two outstanding brick orders done and installed before Memorial Day. Fran has the forms.
Good of the Order
1) VFW state has not issued any statements concerning the recent 2nd amendment challenges currently going on in Albany.
2) Information was requested for Honor Flight and how it involves Korean era Veterans. Mark Watts will get that information for the March meeting
Raffles: 50/50: Won by Don Thorn $35
Washer raffle: Not Present
Our Next meeting will be March 13, 2013 at
PLEASE PROVIDE US WITH MAILING ADDRESS CHANGES. THE POST OFFICE DOES NOT FORWORD MAIL AS THEY USED TO.
PLEASE PROVIDE AN EMAIL ACCOUNT IF YOU HAVE ONE, THIS WILL SAVE
THE POST THE COST OF POSTAGE, THANK YOU.
Commander: Sr. Vice Commander Quarter Master:
Fran Day Jim Boyce Lee Houser
315 548 9007 (H) 585-554-6704 315 462 3287
firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com Lhouser2@rochester.rr.com
585 704 6189 (C)